Careers at Center for Criminology & Public Policy
If you take the problem of crime as a serious concern, and want to use your experience to change the world, then CCPP might just have the right role for you.
“Working with CCPP is more than a day job. Its’ a chance to challenge yourself, fuel a movement and prove that it is possible to reduce crime”.
Joining CCPP and you will have the opportunity to use your expertise to support the global movement of evidence-based policy on crime and justice.
“Outraged by worsening crime and justice situation but inspired by a hope for a better world, we seek to improve public safety by providing strategic insights and policy solutions to decision makers. Work with us to be a part of this future”.
The Center for Criminology & Public Policy (CCPP) runs a small, highly selective internship program for students and recent graduates interested in gaining first-hand experience in public policy research in the areas of crime and criminal justice.
The program aims to provide enriching career development and mentorship experiences through structured program content and real-world experiences; and introduce interns with CCPP’s valued work behavior, including adaptability, collaboration, interpersonal skills, and problem solving and decision-making.
Candidates must be highly motivated to work in a demanding think-tank environment that requires excellent research and analysis as well as project-management skills. Candidates with proficiency in writing and quantitative research methods have an added advantage.
Internships are paid and based in our Rajasthan office. Candidates may also pursue online internships, but this will come under conditional paid internship. The program is open for international students; they will be provided a visa support letter by CCPP after the confirmation of their acceptance of internship offer.
We do our best to match the qualification and interests of our interns with research and consulting projects to which they can contribute the most. This is an excellent opportunity for those students and graduates who are planning to work in government or in a think-tank related to public affairs.
This internship is a collaborative effort between the Center for Criminology & Public Policy, Udaipur and the Rajasthan Society of Criminology and Victimology. The duration of the internship is flexible, but is normally between 4 to 8 weeks. Those joining the internship for less than 6 weeks will not be eligible for compensation; though CCPP will grant them a certificate of completion of the internship.
Candidates choosing online internship will need to work at least 10-12 hours a week, while those working from CCPP office are expected to commit 36-42 hours a week. Long-term internships are also available for those who want to position themselves for full-time paid employment and for those who are looking to gain work experience before entering graduate school.Candidates opting for online internships are highly recommended to apply for our long term programme.
Duties & Responsibilities
Interns play a lead role in developing the CCPP’s research and policy programme. Key responsibilities will be to:
- support on-going policy research projects;
- develop knowledge products on current affairs relevant to India’s crime and criminal justice policy;
- support ongoing-educational activities;
- collect data, conduct literature reviews, and work with qualitative and quantitative data;
- write policy briefs, research reports and executive summaries for internal and external audiences;
- engage with key stakeholders in government and other research establishments;
- present papers to large and smaller audiences;
- monitor external research and policy developments;
- review manuscripts submitted for publication;
- assist with social media (Facebook and Twitter);
- update contact databases;
- other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ (or degree in progress) in Criminology, Criminal Justice, Public Policy, International Studies, Police Administration, Criminal Law, Political Science, Journalism, Economics, Psychology, Geography, Statistics, and History.
- Excellent internet research and documentation skills
- Excellent writing, proof-reading and editing skills in English
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Crime & Criminal Justice/or Public Policy
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Eagerness to be creative and to take initiative on new ideas and projects
- Ability to work in a small team or independently as needed
For 8 week internships, the total stipend will vary from Rs. 5000 to 10,000 based on performance (Early Career Research Interns will not be eligible for stipend)*. Exceptional candidates will also receive a citation of excellence. Performance of interns will be reviewed on a weekly basis. Only those interns who perform satisfactorily will qualify for a certificate of stipend.
This program allows the interns to build their skills, networks, and a professional portfolio, besides involving in the publication of the Center’s scholarship.
Interested persons can fill in the application form. The form has to be filled out in one session, and there is no option of saving responses.
For information about housing accommodations in Udaipur, please contact the Director at +91-8110835606.
All the applicants are advised to visit CCPP’s website www.ccppindia.org to understand the nature of our work before applying.