The Center for Criminology and Public Policy, India (hereafter referred to as CCPP) is a research institution incorporated under Rajasthan Societies Registration Act, 1958 having its registered office at LG-27, Mangalam Fun Square, Durga Nursey Road, Udaipur, Rajasthan – 313001. CCPP operates its website www.ccppindia.org (hereafter referred to as website). By using or visiting www.ccppindia.org, you confirm that you accept following terms and conditions of use and that you agree to comply with them:
AMENDMENTS AND CHANGES
- CCPP may amend terms and conditions of its website from time to time. Please check these terms and conditions to ensure you understand the terms that apply at every time you visit the website.
- CCPP may update and change its website from time to time to reflect changes to contents, users’ needs or other reason.
- CCPP does not guarantee that its website or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- You can access areas and contents of www.ccppindia.org without registering yourself on the website or by registration wherever required. In case registration is required, you agree to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords or other account identifiers which you choose or you are provided with.
- You will not use the website for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the website or other users.
- CCPP have the right to disable any user identification code or password at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with terms and conditions or any other rules, policies applicable to the www.ccppindia.org.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- By visiting and using the website you agree that CCPP is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights and other intellectual property rights in www.ccppindia.org and in materials published on it.
- All the works, materials and contents including texts, images audio, video, databases on www.ccppindia.org are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. CCPP is owner of trademarks, logos, service marks, well-known marks, domain name displayed in whatsoever manner on www.ccppindia.org. Some contents such as source code, object code, algorithms, technical descriptions which are not generally disclosed to public are protected by trade secret laws.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
- A visitor or user of CCPP’s website can visit or use or access it for personal, academic and non-commercial use only.
- You may print off one copy and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal, academic and non-commercial use, provided that you will acknowledge authorship of CCPP and abide by any author attribution. You agree that you will not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or download in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphic separately from any accompanying text.
- You are not allowed to create a database in any form of materials, contents or works available on the website.
- You must not use any part of the website for commercial purposes or any other purposes except personal, academic and non-commercial without obtaining a license to do so from CCPP.
- You are not allowed to use CCPP’s trademarks, logos, service marks, well-known marks, domain name on the website without obtaining a license from CCPP.
- You will not provide hyperlinks to contents, materials or works on the websites for commercial purposes.You will not gain or attempt to gain access or provide access including via hyperlinks to restricted contents on the website without authorization from CCPP.
- You will not use contents, materials or works on the website in a manner which represents CCPP or its website false, misleading, derogatory or offensive.
- You must not misuse the website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attack the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Indian Penal Code, 1860. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
- Any content you upload or post to the website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but by uploading or posting you are granting us [and other users of the website] an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual, worldwide limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties whether for commercial and non-commercial purposes.
- You will not upload or post any content or material which you have not created or for which you have not received authorisation by the owner of any part of the content. You agree to indemnify CCPP against any loss or damages or liability caused by you or your actions such as infringement of third party’s intellectual property rights or privacy of a third party by you or by violation of these terms and conditions.
- If you are owner of an intellectual property right owner and believe that any content on the website infringes upon any of your intellectual property rights, you may submit a notification to us at email@example.com
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- The content on the website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the site. CCPP will not be liable to you for any loss or damages whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of, or inability to use, the website; or use of or reliance on any content, material or work available on the website.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the website is accurate, complete or up to date or fit for any particular purpose.
- Where the website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties including advertisements, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. CCPP have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the website, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on the website do not represent our views or values.
- CCPP has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- CCPP has the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post infringes third parties’ intellectual property rights, or is immoral, abusive, unlawful or an objectionable content.
- CCPP is not responsible for securing and backing up any content, material or work on its website.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
CCPP reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these T&C.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions and any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with applicable laws of Republic of India.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these terms and conditions are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org